Account Password Policy
CS account passwords must meet the following requirements:
- Contain 8 or more characters
- Characters from 3 out of the 4 following groups:
- Capital Letters
- Lower-case Letters
- Special characters, e.g. ,.?.+-*&%$#@!~
It is recommended that your password meet the following requirements:
- Not contain your Student ID.
- Not contain your NetID.
- Not be based solely upon a single dictionary word.
You can access your CS account settings by visiting https://accounts.cs.byu.edu.
Suggestion: Try thinking of passphrase instead of password when choosing your password. Pick 2 or 3 random nouns and make a phrase out of it. The xkcd comic strip by Randall Munroe has a great example of this: