First Run Setup for IntelliJ IDEA, CLion, and PyCharm in the labs
We currently have IntelliJ IDEA, CLion, and PyCharm installed in the open labs for students to use in their programming projects. Since there are some configuration options to run through the first time a student opens each of these IDEs, we will walk through these below.
- The first time you run each of these IDEs, you will get a pop-up box like this one:
- Click OK to select Do not import settings.
- Next you will get the License Activation window. BYU has a license server running that should be automatically detected by the program.
- Click the radio button labelled License server. It should automatically populate the license server's address in the appropriate blank. Click the Activate button to continue.
- In the next window, select a theme from the three available themes. Click Next:Desktop Entry to go to the next window.
- Depending on which program you are running, the next screens may be in different orders. Leave any that talk about plug-ins or launcher scripts as they are.
- When you see the following screen, uncheck the checkbox at the top where it says “Create a desktop entry…” as this has already been done ahead of time and will just create a duplicate icon in the application menus.